Monday, November 19, 2012

Learning to Walk

'walking in the light means for many of us walking according to our standard for another person' - Oswald Chambers. Jesus Christ puts it a bit more simply than Mr. Chambers. 'just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise' - Luke 6 :31 That is Jesus for ya. Simple. Solid. Not beating around the bush. But I'm not here to talk about the beautiful simplicity that we can find in Jesus teachings and how hard they can be for our complicated human minds to adhere to. I just want to say something really quick about day to day living and how I react to people in different situations as the day goes on. I admit and I'm usually the last to admit. But I am not always treating my fellow man the way Jesus would have. Or should I say does do today? Because Jesus is living ya know? I don't even think about my fellow brother the way I would want him to be thinking about me. If I found out that what you thought about me was what I thought about some folks on a bad temperamental cranky day I would not want to be around you. The problem lies in my soul. My soul (emotions,attitudes and will) have not been completely broken by the Holy Spirit. Why has it not been broken because I have yet to give myself completely, to him. I keep grieving the Holy Spirit by backsliding and misstepping and continuing in sin that i need not continue in as a born again believer. Because I do not fully trust the Holy Spirit and I don't listen to the Holy Spirit I get upset because the same things seem to be happening to me over and over again. Imagine someone who is cooking eggs in a skillet and a cook says "put oil in there or the eggs wills stick to the skillet!!" and I say "no!"I have done this before and gotten away with it!" Or " it turns out fine!". I am not aware of this cooks superior knowledge to cooking so I just stick with my own crappy sticky recipe. I pray that I would become more aware of the Holy Spirit and his want to guide me and direct me in this life, because he holds superior knowledge that he longs to share with me if only I would open my ears. Now why is it important for the human soul to be broken by the Holy Spirit ? Because if it is broken, the Holy Spirit can work threw our soul out towards our outer body and in to the world. See the holy spirit is deep inside a believer in Christ, then there is the human soul (emotions, will, and attitude) then the physical body. If we allow the Holy Spirit to override the human soul we will experience a change in emotions, will and attitude. This arrangement is how it is meant to be. Being governed by the human soul is like putting the cart before the horse. In allowing the Holy Spirit to change my will, attitude, and emotions. I will be able to abide by this simple teaching. 'just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise' - Luke 6 :31

No comments:

Post a Comment